So here is what comes with the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who sent you this award. (Check!!!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself (Wow... this could be scary, please read below.)
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers (I don't "follow" that many blogs, but I do "lurk" around at a lot of blogs.... more about that in a later post. I will mention some of my favorite blogs below.)4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award (Done!!!)
Well, here are seven things that you may want to know, but after finding them out, you may be disappointed that they aren't more interesting!!!!
1. I grew up in Springboro Ohio with two brothers (I'm the middle child, which should explain a lot if you know anything about birth orders) on a small country place where we raised at different times: chickens, goats, rabbits, pigs, and sheep.... I think we had a cow for a short time too!
2. I LOVE chocolate!!!!
3. I'm not the best friend to have.... I don't like to talk on the phone, but if we are friends, we're friends for life, even if we go for months without seeing or talking to each other. I'll definitely be there for you when you need me.
4. I'm gay...... shocking I know. We are not typical in that we do not define ourselves by our sexuality, but rather hope that people get to know us first and then say to themselves "Ya know, Kent and Chris aren't like some of the other gay couples we know!"
5. My Mom has a Masters of Divinity..... our family has a strong faith and believe in a loving and accepting God!
6. I don't eat red meat.... haven't since I was a teenager.... no reason really other than I don't like it, not even steak!!!!
7. Chris and I have been together for 14 years this June!!!!
|Here's a shot of Chris and I with our good friends Cindy and Stan! If you ever find yourself in Yellow Springs Ohio, be sure and dine at The Winds Cafe great dining with a changing seasonal menu featuring local grown produce and meats!|
Crazy as a Loom
Love, love, love this woman..... she is the one that inspired me to learn the art of weaving!!!! Beautiful photography, and a beautiful spirit!!!!
Chris Gustin is the woman that "kicked my behind" for an intense three days of weaving at her studio in Brown County Indiana..... I wove on one of her looms on the "porch" and think I lost 20 pounds just from sweating!!!
Sharon at In Stitches is the one that "nominated" our blog, and someone that I have been "stalking" in the blogosphere for a while. She loves animals, so that immediately makes her a great person. Thanks again Sharon!!!!
R'new to Begin Again
I love Renee's blog because of her great recycled weaving, which is what we love to do too! Her determination and discipline when it comes to working full time and weaving is inspiring!!!!
Another blogger that I have been stalking for a while. Love her weaving and poochies!!!!! I can also relate to anyone that lives where there is a lot of snow!!!! Anyone else notice that so many weavers live in the North!!!
Dust Bunnies Under My Loom
Love this blog for the beautiful weavings and the sheer volume of what is produced...... I too love seeing those little fiber balls piling up under the loom.... Chris however, feels compelled to vacuum compulsively!!!!
Tales from the Coop Keeper
Not a lot of weaving goin' on here, but Jayme does have a loom! Her writing is fabulous and you will see her on Food Network someday!!!! Plus she raises chickens, something that we hope to do soon.
This is a group of amazing weavers that get together every Tuesday to weave and share.... especially the food!!! Love that there are a couple of gentlemen in their group that are avid weavers!!!!
Happy weaving and blogging.... .and thanks again Sharon!!!!